San Carlo News
Renovations – 8th June 2022
We recently completed renovations of our high-care units, North and South. All rooms at San Carlo now offer private ensuites and modern facilities. Balcony rooms are available with breathtaking views of the Plenty Gorge parkland. Please contact main reception if you wish to enquire about these renovations.
COVID-19 – Information on this Page:
Information for Visitors on Coronavirus from the Department of Health
Up to date information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19) – symptoms and what to do to reduce the risk of infection are available online at the following link: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks
How can I protect myself and others?
- Get against COVID-19.
- Wear a mask and wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Get tested if you feel unwell.
- Get vaccinated for flu (influenza). This will help reduce the strain on the healthcare system as it deals with COVID-19. Vaccines are now available from your doctor and pharmacy.
Symptoms of COVID-19
The symptoms to watch out for are:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste.
Some people may also experience headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Visiting San Carlo
Based on advice from the Department of Health and our local Public Health Unit, visits to San Carlo may be restricted from time to time.
For details on current restrictions in place for Victorian residential aged care facilities, click here, Any restrictions that are put in place at San Carlo are made in line with the Industry Code for Visiting in Aged Care Homes.
We ask that all visitors wear a fitted face mask at all times while on the premises to ensure the safety of our residents and staff.
Visitors must also take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on arrival and provide evidence of their negative result before entering the unit(s) and interacting with residents.